Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two of my NEW favorite things

My first love:



I have been trying to get back into running the last couple of months. It has been really hard because my work schedule changes so much. I will do really well one week and than I won't run again for a couple of weeks or months. This website allows you to keep a record of your runs and track your progress. You can also map out your run so you know the distance. No more driving around in your car to try and figure that out. It is also free to use, which I love. I am a lot slower than I used to be, but I am just proud of myself for doing it. I average 3 runs per week, but before favorite run, I hardly ever ran. If running isn't your thing or you like to change it up a bit, favorite run also allows you to change the activity to cycling, walking, hiking, etc.

After proofreading this, I feel like I am trying to sell this to you. Really, I just love it and wanted to share. I do not work for favorite run and yes it really is free. You can pay a fee to upgrade, but I have not done that. It is a fun website that has been very encouraging for me.

My second love:



This one was an early birthday present from Matt and I absolutely LOVE it! It's made by Nike. It has a sensor you put into your shoe that will evaluate your run for you. You connect it to an ipod and while you run, you can find out how long you have been running, the distance you have gone, and your current pace. I am going to try and sell you this one, because it is fabulous! Since it connects to your ipod, you can listen to music or anything you would like to try and distract you from how badly you hurt. That's why I do it. When you get home from your run, you connect the ipod to your computer and it automatically downloads your run to their website. The website has a lot of the same features as favorite run and more. You can set goals, compete in challenges and enroll in training programs. I only have a few weeks experience with this one but I love it!

Gotta run!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Go Teece! I'm impressed with the running. Trines and I tried to get back into it last summer, but I almost died of a heart attack attempting a 5K. The IPod thing sounds awesome. Wish we had those in High School.
They have a marathon relay here in Ogden. Since you and Kimberly are back into running, give Trines and I a few years to get back into shape, we'll call Carol and run it together.Cross country reunion! (I call the 3 mile section!)
Well, keep up the running! You're awesome!

Michelle said...

I have to admit I've never been a big runner, but the website is pretty darn cool! Nice. Good job keeping in shape. It's definitely a goal of mine to get in shape but I am always going to start....tomorrow. :)

Czechers said...

I love that you still run! Sweet website. I'm hoping to do the Prague half marathon next year. I need all the help I can get.

The Bryner Family said...

Your 3rd love- Anna

Your 4th love- Matt!!!!!!



Ha ha ha ha.

See you tonight! Love, Anna